The program’s name is PuTTY also known as PuTTY It can be described as a terminal emulator which is a client application for an application known as PuTTY that can be used to connect to SSH, Telnet, rlogin and the raw TCP connections to computers.
The program is used as a client to the TCP protocol. Although the expression “PuTTY” is meaningless, the abbreviation “tty”, a reference to “teletype”, is often used to refer to Unix terminals. PuTTY was originally developed for use with Microsoft Windows, but was later extended to other operating systems, like several similar to Unix.
An unofficial porting of the software has been completed for users running Symbian and Windows Mobile. Windows Mobile operating system, and official versions are currently developing specifically for Mac OS and Mac OS X.
It is a free program that comes with an open-source license. This license is also known as”the” MIT license. Let your friends know about Putty and how to download and install it.
Requirement to Install PuTTY
- CPU: Inter I3/i5 or higher
- RAM: Minimum 1 GB
- Hard Disk Drive: 2 GB or More
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/8.1/10/11
- Website: putty.org
Features of PuTTY
- PuTTY, Unicode assistance.
- Control of the SSH protocol version, and the key for encryption.
- “pscp” and “psftp” command-line client clients that support SFTP as well as SCP the commands that are used.
- SSH permits remote local and dynamic port forwarding control along with integrated X11 forwarding features.
- A large portion of sequences of the xterm controller, as well as an important portion of the ECMA-48 terminal emulator, can be emulated.
- IP Version 6 assistance.
- Support HELP TO DES, ARC4, 3DES, AES, ARC4, and ARC4.
- Support for authenticating with public keys.
- Allows connections made using the local serial port.
Installation steps for PuTTY in Windows
Let’s look at the process of installing PuTTY on Windows:
1. download PuTTY Installer from its official website
Step 2. Execute the Installer. To run it, double-click it after which press Next.
Step 3. Choose the folder to which you’d like to install the program, Select Next if you feel there is no requirement to change the destination folder.
4. Choose the features that you wish to add to the PuTTY application, Then click Installation.
5. Your installation of PuTTY has been completed. Once that is done, you can click Finish to close the wizard.
6. You can now launch PuTTY directly from the start screen by pressing the Windows button or the icon for howe and then typing into the search box for PuTTY.
The application has been installed successfully.